Share | 

!!!Discussion of the Week!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
faru
Site Admin

PostSubject: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Hi frnds,

As we know Aamna's debut film 'Aloo Chaat' is now ready to hit the theatres by 19th December, 2008. Do you feel this film will make its presence feel with some big movies like 'Rabne Bana di Jodi' & 'Ghajini' releasing in the same month? These two films are one of the most awaited films of the year starring bollywood bigges, Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan respectively.

Similar was the situation when Rajeev's film 'Aamir' released against 'SarkarRaj'. That too was one of the most hyped film, but than Aamir was accepted by all and it stood against SarkarRaj. Script of the film does matter and to some extent the starcast also. But for Aloo Chaat the case is a bit different. Just a week before its release 'Rabne...' is releasing on the 12th December, 2008. With all the hype for that film will Aloo Chaat make its presence feel? A movie that has no big star, a movie that has just a simple storyline. Will the audience accept it? Considering all the aspects as of todays cinema and the mind set of audiences what do you think about Aloo Chaat's future?
Will Aaamna be able to make her presence feel with such a movie?

View/opinions awaited! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rajeevaamna.aforumfree.com
rajeevaamna4eva
RAianz

PostSubject: Re: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:51 pm

hey faru a great topic of discussion!!! well i think nowadays the script matters more than anything!! your right about rabne and ghajni that they have sum top actors in the film and it will be difficult 4 Aloo Chaat to work, but if the script is good then like Aamir maybe Aloo Chaat will do well on the BO!! all we can do is hope 4 the best!!! my best wishes are always with aamna and i want to see her successful, and if her 1st film doesnt work, then i hope she atleast gets noticed and gets a better offer in which she is successful!! anyway whether aamna's film is a hit or not, she will always be the nr 1 actress 4 me!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruksaar_khan
RAianz

PostSubject: Re: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Interesting topic faru.

The same thought came to my mind the other day. What really is annoying me is that if the makers have decided to release the film in december than why haven't the promos released yet? Why are they slow in the film's promotion? Knowing the fact that two big films like Rabne...and Ghajini are releasing in the same month they should get into action quickly. To be honest i feel the film's release should be postponed. Because two love stories releasing the same month with such big stars will obviously affect Aloo Chaat. With mindset of todays audiences they would prefer watching a SRK movie if to choose between any love story. Ofcourse Aamir Khan too has his own fan following. Both the stars will leave no stone unturned to promote their films, which they've already started.

Aloo Chaat on the other hand has no such different concept that may stand out from the rest. Neither it has any big star cast. Aamna does have her fan following but when it comes to the actuall BO clash that too against the Khans who are actually rule the BO, i doubt on Aloo Chat's success. Banner doesnt matter, coz if that had been the case than the recent Rajshri's Productions, Ek Vivaah, aisa bhi would have worked.. or may be even Sanjay Leela bhansali's Sawariya would have worked. So big banner is definitely not the question.
For todays audience starcast does matter if they have to choose between Aftab-Aamna, SRK-Anushka, or Aamir-Jiah, ofcourse storyline would be definitely the second think to look for.

By now not only Aloo Chaat's promos should have been out but also the music should have been released, as music too needs time to make its place in the market. Either the makers of the film should postpone the film's release or should atleast start thinking seriously about its promotion. Simply promoting it online or by giving articles about the film's lead pair, or by dragging into Rajeev's name is not going to work.
Aamna is a great actress and so i really hope she makes her presence feel with her performance...

RAianz

PostSubject: Re: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

hey ruku agreed with u completely!! if they are wanting to release it in dec then they shouldn't take it so lightly, they really need 2 get promotiong nw, and although nowadays the concept is bigger than the stars, still there are ppl who who wud go n watch there fav stars rather than a film with a newcomer so it will be difficult!! i dnt knw wot 2 say, i want it 2 release in dec but then looking at the current status it may not be a good idea

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rajam

PostSubject: Re: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 am

It's a good question bt I think it would do well or turn out average at BO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rajeevaamna4eva
RAianz

PostSubject: Re: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:46 pm

hey rajam, noce 2 see ure views in 2, we are all hoping it does well for aamna

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !!!Discussion of the Week!!!   Today at 3:40 pm

Back to top Go down

!!!Discussion of the Week!!!